Monday, September 5, 2011

Luke Wood dies after kidney transplant

Australians are mourning yet another loss after Aussie BodyBuilder Luke Wood dies from complications of kidney transplant. I would like to express my deepest condolences to the family, friends and fans of  Luke Wood.

Luke died last Wednesday during surgery at WestMed hospital, just weeks before he was supposed to be married. Information suggests Luke was having problems with his body rejecting the newly transplanted Kidney.

Luke retired from Bodybuilding in 2009 when his kidneys started to fail.  He was one of only a handful of Aussie Bodybuilders to have competed at the prestigious Arnold Classic.

"He will go down as one of Australia's greatest ever bodybuilders and a humble and genuinely nice person," one online tribute said yesterday.
His good friend Phil Primmer said: "It is with every ounce of sadness that I say goodbye to my brother, my mate and my biggest inspiration in bodybuilding."

Luke We and the BB community will miss you. You were definitely an inspiration to a lot of this community. GodSpeed my Brother - NML

No comments:

Post a Comment